Da Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) zur bevorzugten Methode für die gleichzeitige Bereitstellung von Strom und Daten an Endpunkten wird, führen Technologieunternehmen neue leistungsfähige und PoE-spezifische Systeme und Geräte ein, um Unternehmen und Organisationen sowie Verbraucher im Allgemeinen besser zu bedienen. In order to work properly and at its fullest potential, this new technology requires installers and end users alike to take into consideration:
- The need to thoroughly protect their investment in new devices, including passive infrastructure hardware, like plugs and jacks
- The longer lifespan of usage compared to existing network systems
- The importance of future-proofing devices in accordance with emerging requirements
- That components may reach and will need to withstand higher temperatures
- The need to justify the capital expenditure of installation by calculating expected power efficiency
Now, more than ever, users are seeking access to quality, data-proven components, so that they may be assured of the value of investing in new technology that will meet and surpass their expectations and meet the standards set forth by governing bodies. Industry leaders Fluke Networks,
Legrand, and Superior Essex have partnered to create a line of standard compliant products that are in accordance with the new direct current resistance (DCR) requirements introduced by IEEE 802.3bt.